Every day I hear, “They just don’t make family movies any more”. Well, they are wrong. Yes, they are few and far between, but they do still make them and I, personally, appreciate those who write, produce, direct and perform in these movies; especially in a time when even the ratings on movies don’t truly define the content of the movie as they once did.
Remake or no, this is a wonderful family movie–it inspires, teaches, uplifts and entertains with quality performaces of all involved.
- Denzel Washington Dudley
- Whitney Houston Julia Biggs
- Courtney B. Vance Reverend Henry Biggs
- Gregory Hines Joe Hamilton
- Jenifer Lewis Margueritte Coleman
- Loretta Devine Beverly
- Justin Pierre Edmund Jeremiah Biggs
- Lionel Richie Bristole
- Paul Bates Saul Jefferys
- Lex Monson Osbert
- Darvel Davis, Jr. Hakim